Saturday, August 23, 2014

Don't just Survive! THRIVE!!

Hola Familia y Amigos!!

Another week down at the CCM.... man it really is flying by! It seems like my last P-day was two days ago! I can't believe it's already my third P-day! Wednesday is hump day! Halfway through the CCM!

Since coming to the CCM, I have become a famous singer. Not only have I performed for general authorities twice with the rest of the MTC choir (comparable to the MoTab) but my "talents" have also been sought after at a ward level.

And by that I mean...it was our districts turn to do a musical number and somehow the elders convinced the Hermanas into doing it. So...I was dragged into it. It was actually really good though, and one of the highlights of my week! Hermana Steele has the voice of an angel. We sang "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" (half in Español half in English). 

I love my District! 

Have I mentioned how amazing our teachers are here? My teachers are so in tune with the Spirit. We are in a unique situation where we have three teachers instead of two. We have two brand new teachers fresh off their missions and we are their first district (Hermano Ashby &  Hermana Toleofoa).



We also have a more experienced teacher who has been here for tres anos and we will be his last district (Hermano Snyder). They honestly have all changed my life in some way!! (And it's so nice to actually be able to hug Hermana Toleofoa... all of us Hermanas are hug deprived here!!)

Our district & Hermana Toleofoa (seated in the chair)

So, on Tuesday Hermano Snyder gave us a pep talk on being consecrated missionaries. Dedicating all of our time to the Lord and giving 100% in whatever we are doing. This means speaking HSI (Habla Su Idioma - speak your language) all the time. (which is so hard). Loving people as God would love them. Relying completely on the Lord. Letting go of worldly distractions. Studying harder. Giving our all to our investigators.

The Hermanas love to see the temple!

He told us that he has had 20 districts, and we have the most personality and energy he has ever seen in a district! Haha which is good.... but could also be our downfall. We need to FOCUS and keep setting our standards HIGHER AND HIGHER.

A quote I love from Hermano Snyder, "Dont just survive, THRIVE!"
After this pep talk, we went downtown to the Mexican consulate to get our VISAS. It was the first time we were out in the real world with our name tags!!

Most of the Tuxtla-Gutierrez missionaries at the Mexican consulate 
(still missing like 6 elders, all flying out on the same day!!)

As we were passing Draper, that's when it hit me. I'm a missionary now. I'm not gonna see the people I love for 18 months! But I will be loving new people along the way. I need to do by best to be a CONSECRATED MISSIONARY.

Passing by Draper on Frontunner

While we were in SLC, riding the Frontrunner and Trax, I kept talking to random people we were sitting by. It was so fun to talk to real people, especially people who aren't members!  I love wearing my nametag in the real world! 

Tuesday night Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson (YW General President) spoke to us. One thing that I loved from her talk is, "Give all you can so you can look back on your missions with no regrets. Of course its going to be hard! Do it anyways! Be your best self!"


 Soaked from the rain storm and puddle jumping.

On that note, I love the CCM and I Love You All!!! 

Thanks for the donut fiesta Aunt Jill!!
 
Con Amor, 

Hermana Hansen