Monday, November 16, 2015

Making history in TEOPISCA

Our casita de oracion where we have church!!! It was just barely built...so it's brand new!

Welp! Here I am, writing from a little cyber in mi pueblito de Teopisca, freezing my butt off, and crying because this cyber is too slow to upload any photos..... So I guess I will have to describe Teopisca to all of you. (Maybe you can look up photos on google images. hahah....)

It's green... all of it. But its more of a Utah in June green than a Tapachula jungle green. There are little hobbit hills every where, flowers of every kind, beautiful skies, and every type of cute-weird farm animal you can think of. and CORN. There's freaking corn and beans EVERYWHERE. It's freezing. Indiginous women making the Chiapenecan shirts and skirts that they sell everywhere by hand casually on the side of the road. Everyone makes and grows their own stuff here. MOTOTAXIS!!

There are about 30 members in our little family group. We meet in a log house of prayer with an alumnimun roof, and we only have sacrament meeting. Although we are putting the pilas so we can have por lo menos 2 meetings. It's freezing. Usually only about 15-20 people come, but we had an attendence of a whopping 34 on Sunday, with 4 investigators!!! Everyone's friendly and believes in God. Just about everyone loves listening to us! But we will see if they like acting!! There hasn't been missionaries here for 4 years. The same loving family gave us lunch and dinner every single day last week!! It's freezing. The members are amazing here, and super fiel.

My companion is Hermana Arellano, indiginous from Ecuador, and she's the best 2nd child a girl could ask for. She speaks English and Kishwa fluently, and she is an AMAZING missionary. We are making history here in Teopisca, because we are the first sister missionaries... EVER!!!!! Woo!!!!

We are seeing miracles, getting lost, and just loving life. I love training again. I love being a missionary. I love my comp, and I have never loved anything more than TEOPISCA!!!!!!!!! Did I mention it's freezing?

Now,  just picture all of that in a giant photo.

Hermana Hansen