Tuesday, October 13, 2015

40 Day Fast with 40 Miracles

OK OK OK!

I gotta do this fast!
So first off HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON THE 13TH TO AUZ AND SAV!!!! Birthday pics are coming your way.... next week.

Funny story. Hermana Baker and I both sleep talk. And at times we seem to have conversations. So this morning, at 3:30 AM, (apparently in my sleep) I told Hermana Baker it was time to get up. So she got up, knelt down, and started saying our companionship prayer. 
I woke up, groggily looked over to see her praying in Spanish, and say, "Hermana Baker, Que en el mundo esta haciendo.... es las 3 30 am!!!" 
She said, "Ughhhh no invente en serio? Bueno." Got back in bed and went back to sleep. 
Hahahahahah reminds me of the time she was knitting in the dark in the MTC. We are quite the pair.... 

Sooooo this week was a week full of random MILAGROS!!!! We had a great leadership meeting from Presidente in Tuxtla which pretty much went right along with what we wanted to focus on with our zone.... which would be Obediencia --- Fe----- MILAGROS. 
So we had our zone conference on Wednesday and it went a ton better than we had even planned. It really showed me how if we just try to follow God's will.... he makes us instruments in His hands so others can feel His spirit. No matter how weak we are! We went in with a pretty good plan that would make for a cool zone conference.... but it ended up being completely CELESTIAL. 
Elders Jarrett & de Jesus and Hermanas Hansen and Baker
We were able to show the missionaries the power of obedience. As we were talking about it like 3 missionaries said that during the conference they felt a spirit and a peace like they were in the temple. Elder Jarrett, Elder de Jesus, Hermana Baker and I left the room all calm--but as soon as we got into the other room we started freaking out like, "WHAT IN THE WORLD! HOW WAS THAT TEMPLE STATUS! WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT WE WERE DOING!!!!" Yep, God is great.


 Also this transfer we are doing a 40 day fast (we made a list of everything we wanted to change about ourselves). But we tweaked it a bit to be a 40 day fast with 40 miracles. Every day we have to write down the miracles we are seeing and our progress in letting go of things of the world and selfishness and becoming more like Christ. So far, we have already seen 2 miracles GRANDE. 
 Reunited with Hermana Juarez
 
First off, Hermana D. She is the little sister of some members, but is only obligated to go to church because she has a deal with her mom that she will pay for her school if she goes to church every week. But she has had NO DESIRE to be baptized or even go to church or put on a dress. So she came to us and said, "Hermanas I think I want to be baptized. I feel good about it." 
Second, Hermana Y, who is the girlfriend of a member, has been coming to church for almost a year. She goes to all the activities, has almost finished her Personal Progress, and has wanted to get baptized for a while now. Unfortunately, she doesn't live in our area and her mom won't let her. 
She went to all 4 sessions of General Conference. And this past Sunday she ran up to us and said, "Hermanas! I have something to tell you. I'm gonna get baptized. My mom hasn't given me permission yet, but I'm 18. When I heard the prophet talk in conference, I felt a strong impression that I shouldn't wait. I should get baptized like right now. Will you help me get baptized next week?" 
So we were gonna work it out so she could get baptized in her real ward. But since she's being coming here for a year she really wanted to be baptized here. So we talked to Presidente, pulled some strings and he gave us permission!!!

So yeah, when we make an effort to consecrate ourselves, God gives us miracles!!! 

 LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!! 
Hermana Hansen