Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Prayer with Faith brings Miracles


No freaking manches! So much has happened since last week!!!!



Well La muerte de La Yorgason went well.... we had a super mega FHE for her Monday night.... like half the ward came!!! And everyone shared their testimonies about Hermana Yorgason... and it was super tender. 
 

She is such an amazing missionary and companion and everyone loves her so much!! We all miss her but I'm sure shes doing great things back in the States! 


Anddd introducing Hermana Guarcax!!! My new comp is from Guatemala!!! First off, we´ve come to the conclusion that I´m either psychic or prophetic...call it what you will...because last week I randomly found and bought a Book of Mormon in Sotsil (Mayan) just for the heck of it.... and Hermana Guarcax just came from Chenahlo, speaking Sotsil, and is now gonna help me learn Sotsil!!!


WHatttttt! I'm super pumped. And she is THE BEST ever! I'm telling you, like full of love and patience and diligence and every other Christlike quality you can think of. She's also super hilarious and we are having theeee best time together!!! 



So this week was a week of prayer miracles. The power of prayer is real. So first off, Friday we went to pick up Hermana D. to come with us in the morning, only to find her mom laying on the bed in a ton of pain. Something was going on, and she had taken the pain medicine hours ago but it wasn't helping. She couldn't even move and was about in tears. 



I said, "Okay, let's go find someone who can give you a blessing. We will be right back!" 
But Hermana Guarcax said, "Okay. But, let's pray first." 


I was a little skeptical, feeling a little discouraged like, we don't have the priesthood, is a prayer really gonna help her like a priesthood blessing could? But Hermana Guarcax is all faith and all action. She asked Hermana F.,"Do you believe that the Lord can help you if we say a prayer?" and she said yes.


So Hermana Guarcax offered the prayer. It was simple and short, but powerful. No more than 2 minutes later, Hermana F. sat up, and said, "Hey.... I'm feeling completely better. The pain is gone."
Then she got up and started cooking breakfast! We were shocked! We knew a prayer would be powerful, but we weren't expecting it to work that well or that fast!! By the time un hermano came to give her a blessing, she was feeling completely better!! 


Later that night, we went to teach a 12 year old girl, Hermanita L., who we had found the day before. She had really opened up to us the day before and expressed to us all of her trials in her life. Her mom had died a year before, her older siblings abandoned her and left her to live with her aunt, and she wanted to find a job so she could eat and help her aunt out...but nobody would take someone so young. We taught her that God loved her, and taught her how to pray to Him. At the end of the lesson, she had said a specific prayer, where she asked to find some sort of work. 


So Friday night, when we went to visit her, she was a completely different person. So happy! She gave us a huge hug and said, "Hermanas! A miracle happened! God answered my prayer! This morning, a random stranger knocked on my door, and said she was looking for someone to help with housework. She asked me and my cousin to come work for her! I didn't even think twice about it. I just went! Before I felt very alone, and didnt even know if God knew about me. But now I know that He loves me. He listens to our prayers, and He answers them!" 
We again, just looked at her in shock. She said, "This isn't what I was expecting at all!" 


I said, "Us either!!" Haha. These experiences really are a testimony to me just how powerful prayer is. I mean, if we think about it we shouldn't ever doubt prayer. The Church of Jesus Christ was restored through a simple, humble prayer from a young boy. Prayer with faith brings miracles. 

Cuídense mucho!! 
Hermana Hansen

Enjoy more pictures of Hermana Hansen's week!






Utah Hermanas getting their Mcdonalds fix